Search This Blog

Help me be NOT poor.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Almost done.

Well, it's coming down to the wire, and perhaps a bit past the wire.  I'm down to my last $68.

I had an interview last week, which seemed to go well for a job I've been trying to get for a few years now.  They said they should make their final decision in the next two weeks and the 3 candidates they choose would start the following week. So I have another week to hear back from them as well as an interview for a different position next week.

Even if I get hired, I will still run out of money before I ever get a 1st check and rent will be long overdue. For all intents and purposes, I am already broke, with the $68 going to a little food and some gas.

If anyone has a spare few bucks, I could sure use it...

Sam.

6 comments:

  1. I'm tellin' ya again...apply for food assistance. A single person can get nearly $200 a month. I did it myself awhile back and it was a HUGE help. Nothing to be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm single and I have no children. You can only get assistance in that case if you're employed. I am currently unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might've been true at one point in time. I'm single with no dependents and was completely unemployed just a couple years ago. Got nearly $200 a month for longer than I even care to admit. They will help you and it's not hard to apply.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps I'll look into it...

      Delete
    3. So, it's been 2 1/2 weeks. Did you get around to looking into it? Or has it been simply impossible to find the time, given your busy schedule of Xbox and fapping?

      Delete
  3. Unless you burned your bridges again on the way out, why don't you go back to the transportation job? Or at least re-apply for it while you're waiting for an answer on this other opportunity, so you have better odds of getting back on the job regardless.

    Did you include your income from the transportation job when applying for UI?

    Did you ever get your car fixed? I know it's 15 bucks you don't have, but there's this stuff you can pour in your radiator and it is supposed to stop the leaky head gasket: http://www.amazon.com/K-Seal-ST5501-Purpose-Permanent-Coolant/dp/B001QT9KO6/

    Have you considered getting a roommate?

    ReplyDelete